A New Chapter
Our current focus is to build, furnish and equip our residential Hospice. As we work towards the start of our Hospice, we also enter into a new chapter of supporting enhancements that will ensure the best care possible for those coping with end-of-life in our community.
- Enhancing clinical care of patients with complementary therapies and specialized equipment
- Supporting hospice palliative care volunteer education
- Enhancing the Hospice setting for family and patient comfort
- Creating a learning “Hub” for families and patients, professional staff and the community
Valley Palliative Care Program assists those living in our community with a life limiting illness. Planning is underway to build, furnish and equip our residential Hospice. The Hospice is becoming a reality because of generous community support and partnerships. As we work towards the opening of our Hospice, we enter a new chapter of supporting enhancements that will ensure the best care possible for our community. Valley Hospice Foundation fundraising priorities reflect a commitment to dignity and distinction.
Highest standards of clinical care
Complimentary therapies add an extra dimension of care by nurturing the body, mind, and spirit. Holistic practices further promote comfort and wellness for both patients and their families. These may include music, art, pets, massage and other therapies. Specialized medical equipment will be needed to improve the comfort and safety of patients.
Excellence in Hospice Palliative Care volunteering
Well trained and specialized volunteers will be ready to serve patients when the Hospice doors are first opened. Your donation supports initial training, as well as continuing education for palliative care volunteers who will serve in the community and the Hospice. Volunteers must be prepared for the many complicated issues of dying. They are skilled in listening without judging or giving advice, and have respect for personal beliefs and the need for confidentiality.
Volunteers require education as well as ongoing coordination, supervision, support and upgrading.
A learning “hub” for families, patients and professionals
- Family education and public access to a lending library and resource materials.
- Resources for grief and bereavement.
- Professional development and accredited educational opportunities for practitioners.
Enhancing the Hospice for family and patient comfort
Creating a supportive setting for individuals nearing the end of their lives goes beyond functional requirements. The Hospice will be warm, comfortable and home-like for families and patients. Your donation will enhance building and landscaping aesthetics.
- Art bank (patients and families will choose art for their room)
- Piano and other musical instruments
- Gardens offering sanctuary for peaceful reflection
- Play areas for children
- Fresh flowers